- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 5 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 2 minutes. Add vegetables; cook 4 minutes longer. Add garlic; stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and ginger; stir in the broth, soy sauce, peanut butter and pepper sauce until blended. Pour over chicken mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add cabbage; cook 2 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve with rice. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/4 cups (calculated without rice) equals 434 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 991 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 31 g protein.