- 1 large head cabbage, shredded (about 12 cups)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Cook cabbage in boiling water until tender; drain thoroughly. In a large skillet, saute onion in 5 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in soup. Add cheese; stir until melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cabbage, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. In a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Cook and stir crumbs in butter until lightly browned; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 259 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 749 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
You can make it with 2% Velveeta too. I just had the regular one to use up.